Pete MacLeodAll plans by this Coach
This plan is recommended for any racer who has limited time to train during the week. Most week day workouts are only 1-1.5hrs. There are some gym workouts that can take up to 2hrs, but most can be done in 1.5hrs or less. The weekend has longer rides up to 2.5hrs.
Workouts are set up in the workout builder for simple plug and play with most cycling computers and smart trainers.
A heart rate monitor is required. Power is not required, but it is recommended. Typical weeks will be between 7-9 hours of training, with recovery weeks around 7 hours of training.
One of the benefits of this plan is the ability to adapt it to your needs. You have the option to do the Endurance Rides on either your road, cross, or mountain bike, and the option to add in other sports on specific days.
This plan will take any racer through their base training. Additionally, this plan incorporates strength training and additional forms of cross training.
The plan starts with a Field Test week then 12 weeks of base training and strength training. During this plan endurance and efficiency are the focus. Workouts include endurance rides, weight training, and efficiency drills. As the program progresses, weights and cross training are phased out, and more intense intervals begin.
Check out my other plans for a Build/Peak/Race training plan.
As always, custom plans can be created specifically for your needs, contact Pete at www.holdfastcoaching.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.