Mike MasonAll plans by this Coach
Focuses on continuous adaptation through non-linear periodization. This plan gradually increases intensity and duration with a 2 week easy lead in and then alternates higher TSS days with active recovery. Perfect for cyclists of all genres. The is plan is a culmination of race test application by TRC cyclists. I placed one race taper day mid way that can be applied to any day prior to the race.
*Ensure that in race week you balance maintaining fitness (CTL) while lowering fatigue (ATL) and having positive form (TSB). Watch your performance indicators to tailor this training to your needs.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.