Season Planning - Spring/Summer Peak
Kent WoermannAll plans by this Coach
This is a general overview of how to structure training for athletes wishing to reach peak fitness in the Spring/Summer season.
I break the season training progression into 4 phases; preperation, base, build, race. As you progress through these 4 phases training will move from general to specific in nature.
Base - Extensive (4-8 weeks)
Base - Intensive (4-8 weeks)
Build - Extensive (3-6 weeks)
Build - Intensive (3-6 weeks)
Race - Specific/Recovery (1-4 weeks)
More details about what to focus on in each phase will be listed in the calendar.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?