Sweet Spot FTP Booster: 4 Week Heart Rate Based Plan - Advanced
Kent WoermannAll plans by this Coach
Sweet Spot FTP Booster: 4 Week Power Based Plan - Beginner/Intermediate
This plan is built for a advanced level athletes that want to build their FTP and general aerobic conditioning.
This plan will gradually increase the volume of time spent at sweet-spot and overall riding volume through the first 3 weeks! The final week includes a short taper that will lead into a 20-minute power test. If you've been consistent with nailing the workouts and staying on top of your nutrition, hydration, sleep, and general recovery - you can expect to see some solid improvements in your 20-minute power (and thus your estimated FTP).
• An accurately set FTP - If you're unsure of your current FTP I recommend spending a week going through our free "Test Week: Power Profile" plan before beginning this plan.
• 4-8 weeks of general aerobic conditioning.
• This plan is built for seasoned athletes who have a sound understanding of the requirements of such a challenging plan. If you are unsure if this plan is a good fit please reach out to a Move Up coach for advice before starting.
• Plan to eat or drink a post-workout meal with 15-25g/protein and 60-100g/carbohydrate (1:4 ratio) after every training ride.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?