Sweet Spot FTP Booster: 4 Week Heart Rate Based Plan - Beginner/Intermediate
Kent WoermannAll plans by this Coach
Sweet Spot Threshold Booster: 4 Week Heart Rate Based Plan - Beginner/Intermediate
This plan is built for a beginner/intermediate level athletes that want to build their threshold power and general aerobic conditioning.
This plan will gradually increase the volume of time spent at sweet-spot and overall riding volume through the first 3 weeks! The final week includes a short taper that will lead into a relaxed weekend where it's recommend you test yourself on a favorite group ride or course. If you've been consistent with nailing the workouts and staying on top of your nutrition, hydration, sleep, and general recovery - you can expect to see some solid improvements in your sustainable speeds.
• An accurately set heart rate threshold - If you're unsure of your current heart rate threshold I recommend performing a 30-minute HR threshold test.
--> Details can be found here: https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/joe-friel-s-quick-guide-to-setting-zones/
• Plan to eat or drink a post-workout meal with 15-25g/protein and 60-100g/carbohydrate (1:4 ratio) after every training ride.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?