Kent WoermannAll plans by this Coach
VO2max to the Max! 4 Week Power Based Plan for Advanced Athletes
This plan is built for advanced athletes that want to increase their power for any event that requires huge efforts over sustained periods. This plan is especially good for athletes targeting road racing, gravel racing, and XC or marathon MTB races.
Be ready to work, because this plan starts hard and stays hard for a solid 3 weeks! The first week kicks things off with 4 high intensity sessions, then ramps up the next two weeks with longer durations and a 2-a-day workout on Thursdays. The final week includes a short taper that will lead into your big event on the final weekend. Throughout the plan you'll need to stay on top of your nutrition, hydration, sleep, and general recovery.
• An accurately set FTP - If you're unsure of your current FTP I recommend spending a week going through our free "Power Test Week" plan before beginning this plan.
• A solid fitness foundation - This plan will be effective no matter your starting point, but to truly reap the rewards of such an intensive plan it will help tremendously to have a solid foundation of fitness to build upon. We recommend a minimum of 4 weeks of aerobic base training before beginning this plan.
• Plan to eat or drink a post-workout meal with 15-25g/protein and 60-100g/carbohydrate (1:4 ratio) after every training ride.
• If Thursday doesn't work logistically for your 2-session training days then simply swap with either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturday. The benefit of a 2-session training day is that it allows you to accumulate a much higher dose of high quality training than would otherwise be possible by trying to fit everything into a single session.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?