Patrick SmithAll plans by this Coach
This is a 6-week weight training plan for building general and cycling specific strength to complement the '6 Week Cycling FTP Builder' plan. It works either as a standalone for weight training as well.
This plan is designed for the athlete that has some experience with weights such that they know, or can establish, their 1 Rep Max for each of these exercises and have access to at least dumbells and a pull-up bar.
This plan contains extensive core, joint, and lower back work as well as prescribes heavy weight targets. If you have joint, back, or other preexisting conditions OR are unsure if this will be a functional plan for your physical abilities, contact me first so that we can get the right plan for your goals, experience, abilities, and access to equipment.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?