6 Week Cycling FTP Builder
Patrick SmithAll plans by this Coach
This plan is the cycling portion of a cycling and weights 6 week FTP build series. It will work well as a standalone to bring up your Functional Threshold Power but is best used along with the '6 Week FTP Builder Weights' plan.
This is designed for the athlete that has a functional base of cycling fitness and a relatively accurate FTP already established. If you have not yet tested your FTP or are coming back from time off, I recommend starting with my '2 Weeks to Your First FTP Test' plan.
This plan is optimized for athletes training with power(onboard, trainer, or virtual power work).
If you have questions or this is your first time training with power, contact me so we can get you the right plan for your goals, experience, and equipment.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:58 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:58 hrs||2:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?