2 Weeks to Your First FTP Test
Patrick SmithAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed as a two-week preparation for completing your first Functional Threshold Power test on a bicycle. This is great for riders coming back to training or new riders that want to test their output or set a baseline.
It is designed for riders who are capable of riding continuously for at least an hour and have a method of calculating power(onboard meter, trainer, or virtual power).
This plan requires that you set an FTP value in your training peaks account. If you have not already estimated and set a starter FTP, please contact me so we can get that done.
*If you have never trained with power before, please contact me before purchasing this plan so that we can get you the best solution for your goals, experience, and available equipment.
*This plan includes the FTP test on Day 15 so TrainingPeaks describes it as a 3-week plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:37 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:37 hrs||2:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?