Cycling: Cyclist Base Period (Winter, Off-Season) Training: 3.75 to 7.5 hrs/wk
Gale BernhardtAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
This 12-week plan is perfect for the cyclist aiming to build base fitness and build two consecutive days of cycling endurance. The plan provides a solid training routine and it can be used as an endurance-building routine to prepare for longer or faster rides. (Century rides, local weekend group rides or multi-day tours.)
The goals of this plan include:
- Establish a fitness routine and stick with it – consistent training
- Improve your five-mile aerobic time trial average speed or average power in 12 weeks
- Lift weights and change the routine to improve cycling strength
- Build your longest ride from 1:30 to 3:00
- Build weekend cycling hours from 2:30 to 4:45
- Begin lactate threshold training
Please see the Plan Preview to determine if the first week of the training plan seems manageable to you. If the first week seems manageable and the plan goals are right where you want to head, this plan is right for you.
Find the supporting documents you need to help you with this plan at this link.
You can find more training plan choices at THIS HOT LINK.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:28 hrs||3:00 hrs|
|2:15 hrs||1:15 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:28 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||2:15 hrs||1:15 hrs|