Cycling: Cyclist Base Period (Winter, Off-Season) Training: 4.75 to 9.0 hrs/wk
Gale BernhardtAll plans by this Coach
This 12-week plan is designed for a fit cyclist looking for a goal-oriented base building plan. You are doing two strength training workouts each week and most weeks include workouts six days per week. Rest weeks include only five workouts to help with recovery.
The cyclist using this training plan can handle three to four difficult training days per week. The last three large training weeks include two threshold workouts per week. This plan is for an aggressive cyclist.
The goals of this plan include:
- Consistent strength training now, that will translate to stronger, faster riding later
- Improve your five-mile aerobic time trial average speed or average power in 12 weeks
- Build your longest ride from 1:30 to 3:00
- Build weekend cycling hours from 2:30 to 4:45
- Build weekly training volume from 6:15 to 9:00
- Begin lactate threshold training in Week 5 of the plan and Week 9 includes two threshold training days
Please see the Plan Preview to determine if the first week of the training plan seems manageable to you. If the first week seems manageable and the plan goals are right where you want to head, this plan is right for you.
Find the supporting documents you need to help you with this plan at this link.
You can find more training plan choices at THIS HOT LINK.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?