Cycling: Cyclist Base Period (Winter, Off-Season) Training: 3.0 to 6.0 hrs/wk
Gale BernhardtAll plans by this Coach
This 12-week plan is perfect for the cyclist aiming to build or maintain base fitness. The plan helps you establish a training routine and it can be used as an endurance-building routine to prepare for longer rides. (Century rides, local weekend group rides or multi-day tours.) Go into the season stronger and faster by maintaining your fitness.
The goals of this plan include:
- Establish a fitness routine and stick with it – consistent training
- Improve your five-mile aerobic time trial average speed or average power in 12 weeks
- Lift weights and change the routine to improve cycling strength
- Build your longest ride from 1:00 to 2:15
- Begin lactate threshold training
Please see the Plan Preview to determine if the first week of the training plan seems manageable to you. If the first week seems manageable and the plan goals are right where you want to head, this plan is right for you.
Find the supporting documents you need to help you with this plan at this link.
You can find more training plan choices at THIS HOT LINK.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?