12 Weeks to a Strong 40k Time Trial
Winston DavidAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed to help a cyclist prepare for a 40k time trial. They can follow this plan by using a power meter, HR monitor, or just a stop watch using perceived exertion. They need Microsoft Word to open the workout descriptions. They should have a good base of fitness and should be able to ride for 2 hours in duration. They will need to be able to ride 6 days a week. Most workouts are 2 hours in duration with a couple workouts of 2.5 hours in duration during the week. 1 workout per week is 30 minutes long and 2 other workouts are 1 to 1.5 hours in duration They will get an increase in Lactate Threshold fitness from this plan. The athlete should consult with their doctor and be sure they are healthy enough to exercise at a high intensity before beginning this plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|6:27 hrs||2:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||6:27 hrs||2:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?