So you've signed up for a Time Trial. Good for you! Here is a program designed for a reasonable A grade /(Cat 1 / Cat 2) rider or a committed B grade rider (Cat 3) striving for success in a state / collegiate level time trial. The program is power based and thus having a power meter will make your life a lot easier both in following this program and during your event. The program is ideal for events between 25 - 45 minutes.
- 2 x 4 week blocks
- Ideal for time pressed athletes
- Power Based: detailed guide of of wattage, heart rate and RPE* zones for each session
- Each block consists of a progressive overload with an easy week to help you recover
- Can substitute recovery rides with days off for time pressed athletes.
- Variety of sessions will give you some tools to coach yourself
- Power Testing protocol
- Warm up routine included
*RPE: Rate of Perceived Effort
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.