Time Trial Panic Training!
Alex QuirkAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
So you've signed up for a Time Trial. Good for you! Here is a program designed for a reasonable A grade /(Cat 1 / Cat 2) rider or a committed B grade rider (Cat 3) striving for success in a state / collegiate level time trial. The program is power based and thus having a power meter will make your life a lot easier both in following this program and during your event. The program is ideal for events between 25 - 45 minutes.
- 2 x 4 week blocks
- Ideal for time pressed athletes
- Power Based: detailed guide of of wattage, heart rate and RPE* zones for each session
- Each block consists of a progressive overload with an easy week to help you recover
- Can substitute recovery rides with days off for time pressed athletes.
- Variety of sessions will give you some tools to coach yourself
- Power Testing protocol
- Warm up routine included
*RPE: Rate of Perceived Effort
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|8:52 hrs||3:00 hrs|
|0:45 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||8:52 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||0:45 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter