Smart121 - 8-Wk Power Based Progression
Marc PreeceAll plans by this Coach
This plan is power based working with your specific test FTP values, so you must ensure these are set correctly. Once set just follow the progression, which is aimed at the biggest limiter in cycling - Extensive ability to ride within a power zone. Too often riders will just add power instead of adding duration which is far more improtant. This will increase your time in zone progressing from 85% to 95% efforts at varying durations. Once you complete the 8-weeks, its time to retest and reset your levels. I have had 100% success in riders achieving a higher FTP after this 8-wk block.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?