Revised program: 9 structured workouts to improve your FTP and time trial performance - power based
Reinout Van Schuylenbergh, PhDAll plans by this Coach
Maximal aerobic power (VO2max) determines the maximal amount of energy you can produce by aerobic metabolism and a key performance indicator for endurance performance such as in road cycling, time-trialing, mountainbiking, triathlon and duathlon.
This program offers you 9 structured workouts to improve your VO2max and FTP on the bike. The workouts are based on the newest scientific results in exercise physiology.
For best results: combine these workouts with recovery exercises, extensive endurance training and core stability training. Anaerobic threshold training is not advised in combination because it will interfere with the training adaptations induced by the specific VO2max and FTP intervals.
Do not embark upon an intensive training plan if injured or feeling unwell. If in doubt consult your doctor before you commence training.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?