Gran Fondo Build Up - Intermediate Plan
Taylor ThomasAll plans by this Coach
This is a 16 week plan designed for those riders with a goal of riding over 100 miles. It will take you through every phase from establishing a solid base, building up your endurance, as well as working on your top end speed. To take full advantage of this plan you'll need to have some experience completing longer endurance road rides. You'll also need access to a heart rate monitor or power meter to carry out the majority of the rides.
As you build your base fitness and extend your training rides you'll be working towards a goal of riding over 100 miles and finishing the ride comfortably. This plan includes at least 1 day off (Monday), as well as strength training, some interval work, tempo rides, and long rides on the weekends.
For more information please visit Thomas Endurance Coaching
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|8:15 hrs||5:30 hrs|
Day Off x2
|0:16 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:36 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||8:15 hrs||5:30 hrs|
||0:16 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:36 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?