Criterium Race Plan - Beginner
Taylor ThomasAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week plan is designed for those new to racing and are looking to get race ready for your next criterium or omnium race. To take full advantage of the plan start the training 12 weeks out from your desired race. The last weekend is designed to end on a criterium or omnium.
This plan assumes that you have an endurance base and are comfortable with 1-2 hour road rides, interval training, tempo rides, and strength training. The plan will focus on the workouts necessary to build your power, speed, and increase your threshold. It starts with the establishment of heart rate or power training zones that you'll use for the duration of the plan. All long rides are on the weekends with at least one day off every Monday. Following this plan will allow you to prepare for a well rounded racing season building power, strength, and endurance.
For more information please visit Thomas Endurance Coaching
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|7:53 hrs||3:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:03 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:36 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||7:53 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||0:03 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:36 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?