Threshold Endurance SportsAll plans by this Coach
This plan is geared at the cyclist with 9-13 hours a week to train or a Cat.4 to 5 level cyclist wanting to sharpen your aerobic capacity while maintaining what you've already built going into your peak event season or race season. This plan assumes you've already built a good solid base and have done some threshold work (much like prescribed on our base training plans). This plan builds upon the foundation you built during your base period by strengthening your aerobic capacity so you can respond or initiate attacks, maintains the threshold work you've already done so you can be a potent factor in breakaways or time trials, and continue in building some consistent endurance so you don't fade in longer races. Much of the intervals are built into the weekdays to allow for flexibility to replace some of the endurance weekend rides with races if so desired.
**All workouts in this plan are smart capable and can be dowloaded for use on your cycling computer or smart trainer.
If you have any questions regarding this plan, please contact a TES Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org. TES training plans are currently developed/maintained by Jason Short and Shawn Hodges.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.