Matty GrahamAll plans by this Coach
Ideal for all busy riders whether you are a roadie, mountain biker or race cyclo-cross.
Up the intensity of your training and start enjoying the results and the extra time you will have available.
If you are short of time but still want to perform well on the bike, High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a method of training that has been shown in the research to be extremely effective.
Utilising repeated sprints, it is possible to stimulate aerobic training adaptations that were once thought to be achievable only through endurance training.
While this research is exciting for those athletes who struggle to find time to train. Many athletes are unsure with the details of how to actually structure this type of training into their schedule. This training plan integrates the most effective HIIT sessions from the research and the real world to bring you a cycling plan that will give you great results in 'no time at all'.
This plan is structured over a 9 week period with guidelines on how to maintain these gains longer following this time. Based on 3 high quality training sessions per week with an extra optional ride, the weekly training volume over the 9 weeks clocks in at an average of just over 3 hours per week!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x4
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.