Epic Spring FTP/Power Threshold Improvement & Race Prep 8 Weeks Masters
Hunter Allen & Peaks Coaching GroupAll plans by this Coach
Epic Spring FTP/Power Threshold Improvement & Race Prep 8 Weeks Masters is an 8 week plan designed for the Masters (over 40) Cyclist or Triathlete who trains with power, HR (Heart Rate), or RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) and can train 11:40-14:55 hours per week (excluding Rest Weeks). You will need to be able to devote between 4-6:45 hours to training on your weekends.
Our Spring plans build on the fitness you maintained and hopefully gained over the winter and incorporates FRC (Functional Reserve Capacity) work that you will need for early season races and rides. We will work on your NP (Neuromuscular Power)/Sprinting and your short AC (Anaerobic Capacity) Power, which are two important training zones you need for those early season events.
Of course, you’ll continue improving your FTP (Functional Threshold Power) with more and more work right at your FTP with some of my favorite FTP Workouts!
Designed and written by Hunter Allen, former pro cyclist, co-Founder of Training Peaks and WKO, co-author of Training and Racing with a Power Meter and Cutting-Edge Cycling and Founder and CEO of Peaks Coaching Group. The Workouts included in these pioneering and ruthlessly vetted Training Plans are the same Workouts that Hunter uses with his own Clients. Battle tested and podium approved.
Discover the benefits of a Peaks Coaching Group Training Plan
• All plans are backed by Peaks Coaching Group’s 100% Money Back Guarantee...
• Most are designed and written by Hunter Allen, one of the world’s leading experts on power training...
• Exclusive Membership to our private PCG Training Plan Facebook Group...
• Our Plans meet the needs of Cyclists and Endurance Athletes of all abilities...
Still have questions? E-mail Hunter Allen
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?