12 Week Base Training Plan for Cat. 4 & 5 level Cyclists (6hrs-12hrs a week) (Smart Enabled)
Threshold Endurance SportsAll plans by this Coach
This plan is geared at the cyclist with 6-11.5 hours a week to train or a Cat.4 to 5 level cyclist wanting to build a steady progressive base to prepare them for their peak event season or race season. You can expect to come out of this plan with some consistent mileage in your legs and some work geared at raising your lactate threshold giving you a strong foundation for your season. This plan is geared at setting some good groundwork to start your season with which also gives you a solid foundation to continue to build upon as you progress through the season.
**All workouts in this plan are smart capable and can be dowloaded for use on your cycling computer or smart trainer.
If you have any questions regarding this plan, please contact a TES Coach at email@example.com. TES training plans are currently developed/maintained by Jason Short and Shawn Hodges.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|8:37 hrs||4:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||8:37 hrs||4:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?