Hunter Allen & Peaks Coaching GroupAll plans by this Coach
Seasonal Bundle Base, Build and Maintain 36 Weeks Masters
is a 36 week plan designed for the Masters (over 40) Cyclist or Triathlete who trains with power, HR (Heart Rate), or RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion).
Winter (Base), Spring (Build) and Summer (Maintain) -these plans are essentially three plans in one. While I don’t like using the word “Base”, as people usually associate it with long, slow easy riding. You will get a solid foundation of fitness in that it contains Endurance, Tempo and FTP work, but doesn’t start you too hard too fast. The key in these workouts is the progressive nature of them so that each week builds on the previous one and your sustainable wattage gradually increases. Think of increasing the time at which you can maintain your tempo power. This is what the “base” plan will do for you.
The Spring or Build portion will build your FTP with work at your SST (Sweet Spot) (88-93% of FTP), work right at your FTP and also VO2 Max, AC (Anaerobic Capacity) and even touching your sprint in the NP (Neuromuscular Power) zone.
The Summer or Maintenance portion is a perfect way to keep the fitness you have (even improve it) and sharpen and hone your sprint skills with NP (Neuromuscular Power) and AC (Anaerobic Capacity) work.
Designed and written by Hunter Allen, former pro cyclist, co-Founder of Training Peaks and WKO, co-author of Training and Racing with a Power Meter and Cutting-Edge Cycling and Founder and CEO of Peaks Coaching Group. The Workouts included in these pioneering and ruthlessly vetted Training Plans are the same Workouts that Hunter uses with his own Clients. Battle tested and podium approved.
Discover the benefits of a Peaks Coaching Group Training Plan
• All plans allow you to use Power, HR (Heart Rate) or RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion)
• Exclusive videos that will explain Training Zones and specific aspects of the Workouts
• Exclusive Membership to our private Coach moderated PCG Training Plan Facebook Group
• Backed by Peaks Coaching Group’s 100% Money Back Guarantee.
Want to Learn More
Want Advice on How to Select a PCG (Pre-Built) Training Plan
See all of ourTraining Plans
If you still have questions, E-mail Hunter Allen or Hunter2@PeaksCoachingGroup.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?