Includes Structured Workouts
Peaks Coaching Group
Spring FTP/Power Threshold Improvement 12 Weeks Intermediate/Advanced is a 12 week plan designed for the Cyclist or Triathlete who trains with power, HR (Heart Rate), or RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) and can train 11-20:45 hours per week (excluding Rest Weeks). You will need to be able to devote between 3:30-9 hours to training on your weekends. This plan is a Prep and Race Plan, so it includes a Race/No Race Schedule for Friday thru Sunday and can be used by non-racers.
Our Spring plans build on the fitness you maintained and hopefully gained over the winter and incorporates FRC (Functional Reserve Capacity) work that you will need for early season races and rides. We will work on your NP (Neuromuscular Power)/Sprinting and your short AC (Anaerobic Capacity) Power, which are two important training zones you need for those early season events.
Of course, you’ll continue improving your FTP (Functional Threshold Power) with more and more work right at your FTP with some of my favorite FTP Workouts!
Designed and written by Hunter Allen, former pro cyclist, co-Founder of Training Peaks and WKO, co-author of Training and Racing with a Power Meter and Cutting-Edge Cycling and Founder and CEO of Peaks Coaching Group. The Workouts included in these pioneering and ruthlessly vetted Training Plans are the same Workouts that Hunter uses with his own Clients. Battle tested and podium approved.
Discover the benefits of a Peaks Coaching Group Training Plan
• All plans are backed by Peaks Coaching Group’s 100% Money Back Guarantee...
• Most are designed and written by Hunter Allen, one of the world’s leading experts on power training...
• Exclusive Membership to our private PCG Training Plan Facebook Group...
• Our Plans meet the needs of Cyclists and Endurance Athletes of all abilities...
How to Select a PCG (Pre-Built) Training Plan
See all of our Training Plans
Still have questions? E-mail Hunter Allen
• Custom Coaching for Cyclists & Endurance Athletes • Epic Cycling Camps •
• Pre-Built Training Plans • Custom Training Plans • Shop the PCG Store •
Training Load By Week
Average Weekly Training Hours: 12:34