Hunter Allen & Peaks Coaching GroupAll plans by this Coach
FTP/Power Threshold Improvement Weeks 9-16 Masters is an 8 week plan designed for the Masters (over 40) Cyclist or Triathlete who trains with power, HR (Heart Rate), or RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) and can train 9 - 13 hours per week (excluding Rest Weeks). You will need to be able to devote between 2 - 4 hours to training on one of your weekend days.
I built this plan as the ultimate plan to guarantee an overall improvement in all your power zones with the main focus on your FTP.
FTP (Functional Threshold Power), LT (Lactate Threshold) or Wattage. The goal here is to raise your W/Kg (Watts/Kilogram). There are only two ways to do that, lose weight or increase your power output. Here we are going to focus on increasing your power output. This plan progressively builds your FTP with work at your SST (Sweet Spot) (88-93% of FTP), work right at your FTP and also VO2 Max, AC (Anaerobic Capacity) and even touching your sprint in the NP (Neuromuscular Power) zone.
Designed and written by Hunter Allen, former pro cyclist, co-Founder of Training Peaks and WKO, co-author of Training and Racing with a Power Meter and Cutting-Edge Cycling and Founder and CEO of Peaks Coaching Group. The Workouts included in these pioneering and ruthlessly vetted Training Plans are the same Workouts that Hunter uses with his own Clients. Battle tested and podium approved.
Discover the benefits of a Peaks Coaching Group Training Plan
• All plans are backed by Peaks Coaching Group’s 100% Money Back Guarantee...
• Most are designed and written by Hunter Allen, one of the world’s leading experts on power training...
• Exclusive Membership to our private PCG Training Plan Facebook Group...
• Our Plans meet the needs of Cyclists and Endurance Athletes of all abilities...
Still have questions? E-mail Hunter Allen
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.