Gale BernhardtAll plans by this Coach
You are currently riding three to five days per week. These days can be indoor cycling, outdoor cycling or some combination of both. At minimum, you are cycling two days per week for 45 to 60 minutes and a third day is longer, 75 to 90 minutes. You are accustomed to having some intensity above Zone 2 in your workouts and the first week of training seems well within your current capability.
If your cycling has not had intensities in higher training zones, but your endurance matches the time scheduled in the plan, you can follow the training and lower the prescribed intensity levels to meet your current capabilities.
The optional workouts shown on Mondays and Sundays are for athletes that are used to riding four or five days per week. If you find yourself pinched for time or feeling tired, the optional workouts can be eliminated.
This plan can be used for team members training for an Olympic distance triathlon.
Find the supporting documents you need to help you with this plan at this link.
You can find more training plan choices at THIS HOT LINK.
The training plan is similar to the one in "Triathlon Training Basics."
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.