Paul WarloskiAll plans by this Coach
Early summer gravel racing in Wisconsin is marked by the dual Bears: The Hungry Bear in Cable, WI the first weekend of May and the Bear 100 in Laona the second weekend.
Use this plan to get ready for one or both of these amazing gravel races - or use the plan to get ready in five months to crush your own gravel event! You can be an everyday athlete of any experience to use this plan.
All of my plans include endurance training, strength training, yoga, and full email support (paulw@SimpleEnduranceCoaching.com). Email me with questions any time!
Every week includes strength training sessions designed to build your back and glute strength, yoga for recovery sessions, endurance work, and intervals. Plus it's designed for busy people in a busy life with short weekday workouts and longer weekend rides.
During the winter months, we can work on the trainer with tempo intervals and gradually build our endurance to be doing double weekends.
If you're doing a short version of the race, you can cut back on the volume on the weekends; similarly, if you're doing a longer version, you can add more mileage on the weekend adventures.
As always, please contact me with questions at paulw@SimpleEnduranceCoaching.com.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.