Roberto VukovicAll plans by this Coach
Polarized Training shows better performance improvements compared to threshold-heavy training, high-intensity training, or high-volume training alone.
I build this plan based on the study of Stöggl and colleagues, who compared 4 different training models with each other. Polarized came out best by large.
As practiced in the study you will also perform 1 endurance ride with short sprints. You will find the answer in the plan. Fuelling guidelines round out this plan to get the most out of every workout. This plan should be done before your specification phase toward your event or to step up your general performance level. Enjoy!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.