Browse More Plans
FTP Builder Indoor Bike Focus 8-15 hrs/wk, 5-7 days/wk w Structured Workouts - Zwift & Trainerroad
Includes Structured Workouts
Mike Ricci USA Triathlon Coach of the Year and USAT Level III Elite CoachAll plans by this Coach
Includes Structured Workouts
DESIRE. DETERMINATION. DISCIPLINE. Our plans get results!
Author: Mike Ricci
- Founder, Head Coach D3 Multisport, Inc. 2000-Present
- USA Triathlon Coach of the Year and 2017 USAT World Team Coach
- USA Triathlon Elite Level 3 Coach (1 of 19 in the US)
- Coached the University of Colorado Triathlon team to 4 straight National Titles 2010-2013
- Coached multiple National Champions, Kona Qualifiers, and 1st yr. triathletes
- Coached the AG National Champion in 2015 and AG World Champion in 2016 (25-29 AG)
A solid training plan equals athlete success:"My race went well, smashed my goal of 5:45 with a 5:04. The plan was great and have recommended it to friends. I will purchase a plan for the full IM next year."
Length: This 8 week program is an FTP Builder for triathletes. This plan averages 8-15 hrs per week and has a max week of 15 hours. This program build from four days a week of cycling to seven days of cycling. The progression is gradual and has many easy rides, but the 3 days of work, is hard! There are 2 swims, 3 runs and 2 strength sessions each week, as well.
Requirements: You should have good fitness over the past 4-6 weeks. Going into this plan you should be able to:
- Swim at least 1,500ms
- Bike at least 1.5 hours
- Run 50 minutes
You will build to:
- 3,000m of swimming
- 3 hours of cycling
- 1:40 hours of running
Your off day is Monday, your long ride is Saturday and long run is on Sunday.
Our programs are designed for the age group triathlete who has a busy life with a full-time job, a family and/or other responsibilities. In this program,
Our plans set YOU up for success. The main goal of this plan is to help you achieve your best race! Mike has been coaching for 25+ years and uses that collective experience to help each individual athlete be successful at any level. His passion for the sport and wisdom gained from coaching thousands of athletes goes into designing a plan. He has taken the guesswork out of training with this plan and looks forward to helping you too.
We leave no stone unturned in helping you reach your goals. Purchase of this plan includes:
- A weekly training tip video in your plan
- The opportunity to be a part of one of the top Ironman Club Teams in the World
- D3 'Terminology', and 'Determining Heart Rate and Power Zones' documents
- Access to premium content on our website and instructional videos in all 3 sports
- Strength training and core workouts with accompanying videos
- Inclusion in Team D3 and access to our private Facebook group to ask our USAT certified coaches questions
- A chance to race in a really cool kit :-)
If you have questions email Coach Mike and learn how we get it done for our athletes: www.D3Multisport.com
IRONMAN®, IRONMAN 70.3® and IRONMAN Triathlon® are registered trademarks of World Triathlon Corporation (WTC).
How it Works
Load Your Plan
Workout and Analyze
Track Your Progress
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|6:28 hrs||3:00 hrs|
|2:55 hrs||1:40 hrs|
|1:05 hrs||0:35 hrs|
|0:21 hrs||0:50 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||6:28 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||2:55 hrs||1:40 hrs|
||1:05 hrs||0:35 hrs|
||0:21 hrs||0:50 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?