The advanced Power Boost plan is designed for competitive triathletes and cyclists that desire to increase their overall bike power. This 16 week program emphasizes “quality over quantity” for the busy athlete. Weekday workouts last one hour so you can maximize results and then get back to life. There are four workouts a week that are intensity focused, including threshold, tempo, progressive tempo and progressive endurance sessions. A recovery week is included at the end of each 4 week block to allow your body to soak in all your hard work. Each workout is highly structured as you progress through a gradual warm-up, intervals/main set and then into a cool down. Prior to using this plan, you should be able to comfortably ride a cumulative total of three hours per week.
This plan is designed for the advanced athlete and works best using a power meter. It is also compatible with Zwift which can add a little more fun in the virtual world. It is perfect for an early season primer to build a stronger bike or get you peaked for your in season “A” races. A Functional Threshold Power (FTP) test is conducted at the start, mid way and at the end of the plan so you can gauge and celebrate all your hard earned progress.
This plan is designed by Endurance Lifestyle Group coach Barry Baird and embodies his passion and philosophy of quality workouts to get big results while maintaining a balanced life outside of training.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.