Alex fastfitnesstipsAll plans by this Coach
Welcome to the FFT FTP builder training plan based on the science of Seiler and Coggan and Allen. This plan emphasizes threshold (25%) but with a good mix of high intensity (10%) and low intensity (65%) in a pyramidal distribution. As such it is an excellent all round program. Some sesions are intervals: 75 studies show that intervals produce a greater response than continuous training at equal training volume (see https://medium.com/fastfitnesstips/magic-of-intervals-hiit-383f2f41958)
This plan is for intermediate and advanced riders who have around 7-9hrs per week and is rated as CHALLENGING. Most people would be better with the IMPROVER Version.
Beginner ✩✩✭✩✩ Pro
anaerobic build: ✭✭✭✩✩
aerobic build: ✭✭✭✩✩
FTP build: ✭✭✭✭✭
TIPS AND ADVICE
• Establish a regular workout routine
• If the weather is bad, train indoors but don’t skip entirely
• Ride easy on easy session days (probably easier than you think)
• By all means ride with friends but not if they destroy your training plan
• Don’t avoid the training session you are weak at; it is there for a reason!
• Don’t be tough on yourself if you have a bad session
• In each session start moderately, progress firmly and finish strong!
• Have a goal, visualize your goal and know why you are training.
Best of luck from the Fastfitness.tips team!
Keywords: HIIT | Base | Seiler | Sprint | Sportive | Allen | Fitgerald | 80:20 | Rapid | Builder | Trainerroad | Zwift | WKO4 | WKO5 | Andrew Coggan | Recovery | Wattbike | FTP | FTP builder | Martin Burrows | FFT | Gran Tour | Fondo | Gran Fondo | sweetspot
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?