Alex fastfitnesstipsAll plans by this Coach
Welcome to the FFT FTP builder training plan based on the science of Seiler and Coggan and Allen. This plan emphasizes threshold (25%) but with a good mix of high intensity (10%) and low intensity (65%) in a pyramidal distribution. As such it is an excellent all round program. Some sesions are intervals: 75 studies show that intervals produce a greater response than continuous training at equal training volume (see https://medium.com/fastfitnesstips/magic-of-intervals-hiit-383f2f41958)
This plan is for intermediate and advanced riders who have around 7-9hrs per week and is rated as CHALLENGING. Most people would be better with the IMPROVER Version.
Beginner ✩✩✭✩✩ Pro
anaerobic build: ✭✭✭✩✩
aerobic build: ✭✭✭✩✩
FTP build: ✭✭✭✭✭
TIPS AND ADVICE
• Establish a regular workout routine
• If the weather is bad, train indoors but don’t skip entirely
• Ride easy on easy session days (probably easier than you think)
• By all means ride with friends but not if they destroy your training plan
• Don’t avoid the training session you are weak at; it is there for a reason!
• Don’t be tough on yourself if you have a bad session
• In each session start moderately, progress firmly and finish strong!
• Have a goal, visualize your goal and know why you are training.
Best of luck from the Fastfitness.tips team!
Keywords: HIIT | Base | Seiler | Sprint | Sportive | Allen | Fitgerald | 80:20 | Rapid | Builder | Trainerroad | Zwift | WKO4 | WKO5 | Andrew Coggan | Recovery | Wattbike | FTP | FTP builder | Martin Burrows | FFT | Gran Tour | Fondo | Gran Fondo | sweetspot
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.