Fitness Improver - 8 Weeks (HR Based)
Alex TaylorAll plans by this Coach
This is a great general training plan using some of my workouts for those wanting to build their cycling fitness.
All the workouts are Heart rate based (except for one which uses Rate of Perceived Exertion)
It assumes that you have tested your threshold heart rate recently before starting the plan. If you haven't, have a couple of easy days then do the 10 mile test featured at the start of week 9 of this plan.
There is a recovery week every 4 weeks.
If you can't fit in the longer rides, amend as necessary but results may vary in terms of progress.
If you want a specific plan for a certain goal, let me know and I can look at doing a bespoke plan for you.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?