Beginner 8-week Guide to Better Climbing! (HR and RPE)
Imogen CotterAll plans by this Coach
I have created this 8-week training plan as a guide for beginner cyclists who want to improve their climbing ability. It is aimed at athletes who use heart rate (HR) data and rate of perceived exertion (RPE) scales to guide their training. The idea for this guide came to me after going through my Instagram DMs and my recent Q+A's - one of the most frequent questions I got was on how to improve climbing ability. I have put together some of the key sessions and training techniques that I have used to improve my climbing and my cycling-specific strength, and created a progressive 8-week program, made up of 2 blocks of training, that should see you feeling fitter, stronger and more efficient as you go through it! If you do have questions throughout the program or if something is not clear to you, you can always send me an email to email@example.com and I will get back to you.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?