Browse More Plans
Polarized 8 Weeks to Peak Gravel - Intermediate to Advanced - 8-12 hours per week - Classic zones
Includes Structured Workouts
Tim Cusick, Coach of World and National ChampionsAll plans by this Coach
Includes Structured Workouts
About This Plan
When used sparingly and at the right time, polarized training can really take you to the top! This polarized training plan is designed for intermediate riders who have a solid base foundation in place. Push those hard days to the MAX with microbursts, hard starts, and power intervals, and get ready to peak for your upcoming race or event.
- A typical week is 5 days of training: Monday off; Tuesday, Wednesday 1.5- to 2.5-hour workouts; Thursday, Friday alternating workouts and rest; Saturday, Sunday volume days
- Progressive schedule with rest week every fourth week
- Testing included to assure accurate training
- Workouts accommodate power, heart rate, and perceived exertion
- Structured workouts can be automatically exported to Garmin, your trainer, or other device for on-screen guidance as you train
Benefits of this plan
- Written by Tim Cusick, coach of multiple champions, with coaching tips throughout
- If you follow the plan as written, you will increase your fitness and race/event performance
- Our user guide helps you through the entire process
- Get access to videos and educational webinars from Coach Tim
First and foremost the plans work! My fitness has come on leaps and bounds, so thank you very much! I’ve been coached in the past but working through the Base Building Plus and then on to the 12 Weeks to peak tt I have increased FTP, improved muscular endurance and destroyed my mates on a group ride recently! I used to feel quite pressured being coached, following these plans I’ve been chilled out, consistent and have enjoyed the journey they have taken me on. I will continue know to train with Tim’s plans! (Andy D.)
Read more reviews >>
We've got more plans!
Tim Cusick has written dozens of training plans for many different areas of cycling: road, gravel, time trial, mountain bike, cyclocross, indoor training, and more. Click here for a full list of his current plans by sport type and click here for a comparison chart of his major plans.
Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions about our training plans. If you don't find your answer there, please email us directly.
How it Works
Load Your Plan
Workout and Analyze
Track Your Progress
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|10:28 hrs||5:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||10:28 hrs||5:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?