12wk Fondo Preparation Plan
Zach NehrAll plans by this Coach
A 12-week training plan to help build towards your first Fondo or gravel race. A few key workouts each week will test your high-intensity thresholds, with enough rest built in between that you will be able to recover in time to crush your next workout. Weekday rides are an hour or less, with a bit more time and flexibility on the weekends to help build your endurance and give your mind a break from the highly-structured weekday workouts. A threshold test at the beginning of this plan will help determine your training zones that we will use in your training in the lead-up to the race.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|6:31 hrs||4:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||6:31 hrs||4:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?