Alex fastfitnesstipsAll plans by this Coach
Welcome to the FFT custom sportive training plan based on the science of Seiler and Coggan and Hunter and Cheung. This will prepare you for a medium length sportive up to 100 miles. This plan emphasizes a lot of low intensity (80%) endurance and a modest amount of threshold (15%) and high intensity (5%) with a low pyramidal distribution (TID). As such it is an excellent all round program for long distance events of 2 to 6 hrs. We will assume event day is on the last Sunday of this plan. It is roughly a 8hrs per week (max), 5 days per week over 12 weeks but with big weekend rides! It is best suited to improvers, regular cyclists and advanced who want to raise their aerobic and anaerobic base but at the same time working on threshold and some HIIT.
Beginner ✩✩✭✩✩ Pro
anaerobic build: ✭✭✩✩✩
aerobic build: ✭✭✭✭✭
FTP build: ✭✭✭✩✩
TRAINING TIPS AND ADVICE
• Establish a regular workout routine
• If the weather is bad, train indoors but don’t skip entirely
• Ride easy on easy session days (probably easier than you think)
• By all means ride with friends but not if they destroy your training plan
• Don’t avoid the training session you are weak at; it is there for a reason!
• Don’t be tough on yourself if you have a bad session
• In each session start moderately, progress firmly and finish strong!
• Have a goal, visualize your goal and know why you are training.
• Prepare your kits the day before and carry spares
• Fueling adequately before, during and after
• Don't do anything different on the day than you did before
• Favour comfort over speed if you are new to sportives
• Wear decent clothing, carry a thin rain jacket
• Ride with a friends if possible
• Ride safe, carry a mobile, with full charge and spare $$
• Start slow, and build up from there
• Pace hills ; dont race them
For event pacing try this fft.tips/bonk
Best of luck from the Fastfitness.tips team!
Keywords: HIIT | Base | Seiler | Sprint | Sportive | Allen | Fitgerald | 80:20 | Rapid | Builder | Trainerroad | Zwift | WKO4 | WKO5 | Andrew Coggan | Recovery | Wattbike | FTP | FTP builder | Martin Burrows | FFT | Gran Tour | Fondo | Gran Fondo
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.