Get fit on 4 days/week
Jeff WinklerAll plans by this Coach
Thanks for checking out one of my training plans! I'd love to start working with you.
You should have some riding under your belt before beginning this plan. Ideally, you've been on the bike 2-3x per week or other aerobic activities. The plan assumes that you are fresh and ready to start training. This is best achieved with a week off or easy week before you start the plan.
You can start this plan at any time during the season. You may notice more or less improvement depending on what you have done in the few months prior to starting this plan. Nonetheless, this plan will stress and improve all the physiological systems needed for improvements in your fitness.
This plan requires 6-8 hrs per week with the longer rides on the weekend. It is suitable for a rider with a normal work schedule, but may require time on the trainer during the week due to limited daylight.
Free Off-the-Bike Training Plan
Click here to subscribe to my FREE weekly email with off-the-bike strength, mobility, and flexibility workouts.
Why Buy From Me?
- Detailed, flexible plan from elite-level, experienced coach (35+ years)
- Strength & Conditioning guidance for off-the-bike training
- Re-use your plan multiple times
- Use your workouts in apps such as Zwift for indoor training
Add Coach Support
Want coaching support during your training plan? The add-on provides a monthly phone/Zoom check-in and unlimited email access to your coach while you are using this plan. Get rapid response to any questions regarding the execution of the workouts, minor modifications and limited technical support.
Not sure if this is the right plan for you? Confused about how to string together multiple plans or pick a plan for multiple goals? The Unlimited Training Plan Subscription might be the right answer for you. For a monthly fee you have access to all Winkler Cycling training plans and regular consultations with Coach Winkler to pick the right plan and keep your training on track.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?