Matt Eggleton (Eggleton Performance Coaching)All plans by this Coach
Intermediate Road Competitor Build Block (4 wk)
This plan is built for the "Weekend Warrior" that can schedule 8 to 10.5 hours of training per week (over 5 days per week) in preparation for a 50-mile road bike race. It's based on proven methods of progressive overload and periodization.
For athletes working Monday through Friday, begin this plan on a Monday (Fridays are Rest Days, and the long rides will be on Saturdays and Sundays). For athletes with other work schedules, it may work best for you to begin the plan on another day of the week.
This plan (at this price) does not include periodic communication with a coach. If you're interested in the benefits of an experienced coach (and accountability partner) please shoot me a note so we can discuss how I can help (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*** All Eggleton Performance Coaching cycling training plans are best performed when the interval sessions are executed on a smart trainer and the non-interval sessions are ridden outdoors. Synch TrainingPeaks to Zwift, TrainerRoad, or Rouvy (perhaps others as well) and run the workouts in Erg Mode for the optimal experience and benefit. When riding outside in lieu of an interval session on the trainer do your very best to match the intensity level, duration, and TSS of the intended workout. Your form on race day depends on this.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.