12 week plan - first participation - 100 mile cycling - structured workouts
Reinout Van SchuylenberghAll plans by this Coach
This plan prepares you in 12-weeks for a 100 mile cycling event. The program focusses on building aerobic fitness and increasing cycling efficiency. The plan is packed up with tips for bikefitting, nutrition, pacing, ...
You are a fitness enthusiast but don't have a specific cycling background and like to tackle the challenge to finish a 100 mile cycling event. If you are a more experienced cyclist, this plan might not be the best choice. Please check my "Ride 100 miles - experienced cyclist" training program.
Do not embark upon a training plan if injured or feeling unwell. If in doubt consult your doctor before you start training.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?