Cycling - Long Hilly Race/Event - Intermediate 2.0 (10% to Charity*)
Endurance Strong (David Kell)
This is a training plan created by Endurance Strong designed to prepare an intermediate + cyclist for a Long Hilly Road Race or Event. On Non-Recovery Weeks this plan ranges from 10.5-13.0hrs/wk and 519-780 TSS/wk and is suitable for a Cat 3 or advanced Masters racer, or more experienced intermediate cyclist, preparing for a 3-5hr or longer hilly road race or event. Recommended starting fitness would be a CTL in the 50's which Endurance Strong's "Intermediate Base Plans" should arrive you at. This plan has notes on how and when to incorporate strength training but no other strength training guidance. Endurance Strong also offers this same Training Plan with a full Strength Training Plan included at a slightly higher price point (Best Value), as well as separate Goal-Specific Strength Training Plans available a la carte for further individualization. This plan generally follows the sequence of:
- Monday - Off
- Tuesday - Intervals
- Wednesday - Shorter Endurance and Strength Training
- Thursday - Tempo / Sweet Spot
- Friday - Active Recovery
- Saturday - Various Intervals and Hills and Strength Training
- Sunday - Longer Endurance Ride
*Last but not least, 10% of Endurance Strong's net profits goes to charity, so Thank You for your support! For more information about the creator of this training plan please visit EnduranceStrong.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|10:46 hrs||5:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||10:46 hrs||5:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.