This programme is designed to prepare you for racing, intensity and volume of the plan are set accordingly. We would recommend a minimum of 8 weeks of low(er) intensity work before this plan. It is important you read the below information before getting started.
The programme will be 8 weeks in duration. Your weekly session will be delivered by a Cycling Ireland leader each Wednesday at 7PM via Zoom. Here you will be guided through each session and presented with an opportunity to interact with the leader to ask questions, learn and gain motivation from that social element!
You will have one led session, 3-4 individual bike sessions and one cross training exercise per week. It is important to note this programme is for experienced riders, therefore we suggest that you possess a minimum of 2 years cycling experience before undertaking this plan to its full extent.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.