Cycling Ireland 8 Week Beginner Adult Programme
The programme will be 8 weeks in duration. Your weekly session will be delivered by a Cycling Ireland leader each Monday at 7PM via Zoom. Here you will be guided through each session and presented with an opportunity to interact with the leader to ask questions and learn. Learning is the focal point of this programme!
You will have one led session, 2-3 individual bike sessions and one cross training exercise per week.
We would like for you to set a goal for this programme yourself – here we’re shifting ownership to you! The sessions will build your fitness and will form the process for this goal. A distance orientated goal is a common one, for example, this plan should set you up to accomplish anywhere in the region of 25-50 kilometres depending on your training history coming into it. You could also choose to tackle a local hill, but whatever you choose will help you stay focused for the 8 weeks! Why not talk over your goals with the leader?
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.