Hunter Allen & Peaks Coaching GroupAll plans by this Coach
Tour of Battenkill 16 Weeks Beginner/Intermediate is a 16 week plan designed for the Cyclist who trains with power, HR (Heart Rate), or RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) and can train 11:00-16:15 total hours per week (excluding Wk 1 & Rest Weeks). You will need to be able to devote up to 8:00 hours of training on your weekends.
TOB is one of the more unique events in the US in terms of its demands. You are going to have to be ready for VO2 efforts on the gravel, big gear work, hard accelerations, and of course you'll need the threshold power and muscular endurance to get you to the finish line in the front group. This plan was designed taking all of these unique demands into account and it will prepare you for a top performance.
Designed and written by Hunter Allen, former pro cyclist, co-Founder of Training Peaks and WKO, co-author of Training and Racing with a Power Meter and Cutting-Edge Cycling and Founder and CEO of Peaks Coaching Group. The Workouts included in these pioneering and ruthlessly vetted Training Plans are the same Workouts that Hunter uses with his own Clients. Battle tested and podium approved.
Discover the benefits of a Peaks Coaching Group Training Plan
• All plans are backed by Peaks Coaching Group’s 100% Money Back Guarantee...
• Most are designed and written by Hunter Allen, one of the world’s leading experts on power training...
• Exclusive Membership to our private PCG Training Plan Facebook Group...
• Our Plans meet the needs of Cyclists and Endurance Athletes of all abilities...
How to Select a PCG (Pre-Built) Training Plan
Still have questions? E-mail Hunter Allen
• Custom Coaching for Cyclists & Endurance Athletes • Epic Cycling Camps •
• Pre-Built Training Plans • Custom Training Plans • Shop the PCG Store •
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.