Carson BeckettAll plans by this Coach
This 16 week program is ESSENTIAL for any athlete, any time, and at any level. The base-building principles in this plan are the cornerstone to further training.
It may seem like it is tailored for a specific "type" of athlete, but it is perfect for anyone looking to start their new season off on the right foot, work on the critical basics, or bring a progressive structure to their training routine. This plan utilizes much literature-based training philosophy to create a something that is simple, structured, and lays the groundwork to future training development.
Key focus points of this plan:
1) A balanced weekly structure (two rest or off days)
2) Work on proper movement patterns
3) Strength training
4) On-the-bike strength development
5) Aerobic foundation growth (progressive endurance build)
This 16 week program can easily be implemented on the mountain bike and, in fact, is encouraged if that is your main discipline! It can also be easily tailored to accommodate someone needing either less hours or more hours. This plan is perfect for a time-crunched athlete and hovers around that 9-10hr mark and builds to just over it by the end. I aim to familiarize the athlete with a proper, balanced approach to beginning a new cycle of training and provides plenty of strength training assistance.
*please reach out for questions, concerns, or anything else you may need
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?