Getting started with road cycling
Kasper HansenAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
About this training plan
This training plan is constructed by Kasper Hartl Hansen, EREPS certified personal trainer with specialty in cycling. The purpose of this training plan is to offer a sound plan for getting started with road cycling, with focus on establishing continuity, experiencing the joy of on-bike training and enjoying increase in fitness brought on by repeated workouts with the correct frequency, stimulus and recovery. This is done through three weekly workouts. One of the weekend workouts can be enjoyed as a group ride.
The workouts in this training plan are scheduled and focused on ensuring a steady, yet careful, increase in aerobic- and muscular endurance, through:
1. Optimal training frequency, in order to ensure continuity and fitness increase.
2. Measurable performance indicators for tracking fitness throughout the training plan.
3. Developing technical skills while the right training systems are stimulated.
- Heart Rate monitor is required in order to follow this training plan.
- Three weekly workouts
- Structured workouts.
- Thorough explanations of workouts as well as comments and pointers throughout the training phases.
- E-mail support with the responsible coach if you have questions to the plan: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a more customised plan meeting your specific requirements, contact the coach for a consultation in order to secure a made-to-fit version. Cost of consultation + a made-to-fit plan = 30 USD. Offer only applicable to customers holding a current training plan.
More from Optimum Performance Coaching
We offer a broad range of training plans for cyclists. All training plans are based on tested principles supported by experience, professional insight and scientific evidens. Read more about Optimum on the website (supports translator) www.optimumcoaching.dk. Here you will also find the blog, Baroudeur, with a broad catalogue of content from training, nutrition and recovery and much more.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:58 hrs||2:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:58 hrs||2:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor