VO2max specialty - Race winning efforts
Kasper HansenAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
About this training plan
This training plan is constructed by Kasper Hartl Hansen, EREPS certified personal trainer with specialty in cycling. The purpose of this training plan is to offer a 6 weeks specialty block to increase aerobic capacity (VO2max), anaerobic capacity and race winning skills for the intermediate to advances athlete. In order to ensure all systems are firing on race day, there are maintenance workouts to touch up on your aerobic and muscular endurance form.
The workouts in this training plan are scheduled and focused with the clear objective to maximise increased aerobic capacity and muscular endurance, through:
1. Short and highly intense interval workouts at threshold and VO2max intensities.
2. Race simulation workouts to sharpen your skills and get your mind race ready.
- Power meter (or indoor trainer with power meter capability) and heart rate monitor are required in order to follow this training plan.
- Four to five weekly workouts.
- Structured workouts.
- Thorough explanations of workouts as well as comments and pointers throughout the training plan.
- E-mail support with the responsible coach if you have questions to the plan: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a more customised plan meeting your specific requirements, contact the coach for a consultation in order to secure a made-to-fit version. Cost of consultation + a made-to-fit plan = 30 USD. Offer only applicable to customers holding a current training plan.
More from Optimum Performance Coaching
We offer a broad range of training plans for cyclists. All training plans are based on tested principles supported by experience, professional insight and scientific evidens. Read more about Optimum on the website (supports translator) www.optimumcoaching.dk. Here you will also find the blog, Baroudeur, with a broad catalogue of content from training, nutrition and recovery and much more.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|7:50 hrs||2:13 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||7:50 hrs||2:13 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter