Kasper Hartl HansenAll plans by this Coach
About this training plan
This training plan is created by Kasper Hartl Hansen, a certified personal trainer with specialty in cycling. The purpose of this training plan is to prepare the beginner road racer for a race of a duration of, up to, 3 hours.
This plan follow a periodised system and is constructed in cycles of four weeks, where the fourth week is a recovery week. You will start at the base phase by building aerobic condition, work with base technique and increase your strenght. After this you will move onto the build phase, followed by the specialty phase, continually increasing your skills and fitness, finally being dellived on race day fit, sharp and optimally prepared.
This training plan is based on best practice's and is supported by the newest sports science findings. What this means, in terms of practical application, is that a series of popular principles and training methods from the pro ranks are amongst the weekly workouts. For example LSD, Sweetspot, Over/under, 40/20 and many more, in order to make your preparation as complete as possible. In order to ensure continual progressiv overload thoughout your training, FTP tests will be conducted every four weeks.
- Power meter and heart rate monitor are required in order to follow this training plan.
- Structured workouts.
- Thorough explanations of workouts as well as comments and pointers throughout the training phases.
- Strength training plan is included.
- This plan offer two rest days per week. Fixed on Sundays and, mostly, Thursdays. The Sunday rest day can be manouvered around i order to accomodate individual needs.
- E-mail support with the responsible coach if you have questions to the plan: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a more customised plan meeting your specific requirements, contact the coach for a consultation in order to secure a made-to-fit version. Cost of consultation + a made-to-fit plan = 37,5 USD. Offer only applicable to customers holding a current training plan.
More from Optimum Performance Coaching
We offer a broad range of training plans for cyclists. All training plans are based on tested principles supported by experience, professional insight and scientific evidens. Read more about Optimum on the website (supports translator) www.optimumcoaching.dk. Here you will also find the blog, Baroudeur, with a broad catalogue of content from training, nutrition and recovery and much more.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?