WInter training 6 week plan
Jon BatemanAll plans by this Coach
Focusing on Aerobic endurance and your ability to delay the onset of fatigue during this 6 week beginner to intermediate winter base training block. So we'll be working at low to mid endurance zone, mainly zone 2 aerobic with some zone 3 tempo and a venture into zone 4 with some sweet spot work.
We will also be focussing on your speed skills and your ability to move quickly and efficiently, so cadence and gear choice.
The core of this block is duration. So if we want to do more we add duration rather than intensity.
Frequency wise, we can ride up to everyday as the intensity will be low, so the fatigue won't be too much. However, you will feel the longer rides on the weekends!
If you can, why not get into the habit of dropping and entry into your metrics every few days via your TP app on your phone. This will help you keep track of how you are feeling, any soreness or illness you may have and is a gerat way to keep record of your feelings.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:47 hrs||0:40 hrs|
|7:11 hrs||3:05 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:47 hrs||0:40 hrs|
||7:11 hrs||3:05 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?