Polarized Training // 80:20 // 3 Weeks // Road cycling and Indoor
Sven from Pi3-Coaching
This 3 week polarized training plan is based on a scientific study which compared different training plan structures. The polarized training helped participants to increase VO2max by 12% and threshold power by 8% after repeating this training block multiple times.
This plan represents one training block of three weeks, organised in a load to deload ratio of 2:1. The initial two weeks focus on a high polarized training load including a total of 6 sessions: 2 high and 4 low intensity workouts. The third week is designed as a reovery week with lower total training load. This includes only 1 high and 2 low intensity sessions.
This training plan requires a peak time of about 12 hours per week. If you don't have that much time available for your training, it can easily be modified. Just contact us to find an individual solution.
What you need, is a bike, a power meter and some motivation :-)
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.