The Procrastinator: 8 Weeks to Fastness 6-9 hours per week
Adam Mills, MSEd, RCEPAll plans by this Coach
We've all done it. We've all spent a little too much time getting ready to train but not actually training. Now you're behind. Now you're out of shape and falling behind more and you need to catch up, fast. This plan is designed to be an aggressive step in that race to fitness and fastness. It's hard and it can be intimidating but once you've completed it you'll be in a fitness place that you've rarely been.
Most athletes don't have time for "base" and this training plan is far from any sort of base training. We start you with high power Vo2 work which rolls directly into an FTP heavy phase before we refine the efforts and make them more "race like." Those types of efforts are what really add the fitness and fastness.
After completing this training plan you should be completely caught up to where you want to be, or at least where you expect Each workout if difficult and you'll want to bring your "A Game" to each workout session.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?